Vegetable soup with grits that will warm and satisfy you even on the coldest days of winter! The groats are full of health benefits, minerals and dietary fiber and are most perfectly combined in soups. Soup with chicken, vegetables and amazing grits!
- A tablespoon of oil
- 2-3 chicken shanks (optional)
- 1 pack of pearl barley
- 1 onion cut into quarters
- Tomato cut into small cubes
- 2 diced potatoes
- 2 carrots cut into slices
- 1 zucchini cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2-3 teaspoons chicken / salt soup powder
- 1 teaspoon mushroom soup powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- A handful of chopped coriander
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in the soup pot and fry 2-3 chicken shanks for about a minute on each side.
- Add the onion and tomato to the pot, stir and fry for another minute.
- Fill half a pot deep with water, heat over medium-high flame and add the rest of the vegetables.
- Add a handful of washed pearl barley and turmeric to the pot and bring to a boil while stirring.
- Lower the flame and cook for about an hour while the rest of the pot is partially covered with a small opening for the steam to escape.
- Add spices: mushroom and chicken soup powder, black pepper and chopped coriander and mix everything together, one last boil and the soup is ready.