oday is very easy to find in every supermarket many brands of different nut milk such as made from almond, cashew, macadamia- you name it! However, we need to be very careful with those versions since many of them use very little nuts in the product, some have lots of sugar and may include harmful additives.
Many types of nuts can be transformed into creamy, flavorful milk in just a few simple easy steps. Nut milk is an excellent choice for baking, cooking, or just simply adding to your morning coffee. Below you can find an easy recipe for homemade almond milk.
1 cup raw, unsalted almonds
4 cups water
- Place almonds in a bowl and cover with water, leave overnight, or at least 8 hours (in the countertop or in the refrigerator).
- Drain the water from soaked nuts.
- Place nuts in a blender with 4 cups water and blend until smooth.
- Filter the nut milk through a cheesecloth or a silk bag/
- Store in a tightly closed glass container or bottle and refrigerate. Milk will stay good for up to 5 days.
You prefer your milk with flavors? Add some vanilla extract, cinnamon, or even mint to give your milk a little extra kick!