From Shipping Containers Mini Tempeh Factories

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on linkedin
Share on telegram
Share on reddit
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
Image Credit: schoutenfood.com

Dutch meat company “Schouten Europe” launched “Tempeh Today” in Bangalore, India. The company manufactures tempeh locally in small, high-tech shipping containers. Tempeh Today plans to open at least another 100 shipping-container factories across India in the next five years with the target of reducing the protein deficit in the country. “

“It is more cost-effective to have a decentralized production of tempeh in India than to produce it in one large factory, This also simplifies the local sourcing of raw materials from smaller farmers.”

Schouten Europe CEO Henk

The tempeh factories will be powered by solar panels, 60 percent of the tempeh produced will be immediately frozen and transported to a central warehouse for storage and packing for the local retail and foodservice industry. The remaining 40 percent will be used for meals for school children. 

The mini-factories will be monitored from the Netherlands to ensure standardized production, consistent quality, and food safety.

Tempeh Today will give 800 local workers, and 2,000 local soybean farmers will supply soybeans to the tempeh factories hoping they’ll reach 10,000 metric tons of tempeh per year. 

Share with friends:

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on linkedin
Share on telegram
Share on reddit
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Vegan Filet Mignon Steak Tastes Like The Real Thing
Vegan Pineapple Leather Nominated For Award
Meat-Heavy Keto Diets Could Kill You, A New Analysis Finds
Gordon Ramsay Stuns 11 Million Followers As He Jokes ‘I’m Turning Vegan’
Eat Just To Launch Vegan Egg In Europe
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Beyond’s Meatless Chicken Arrives at KFC
For the last couple of weeks, the world of vegan food news is getting exciting from the previous...
Veganuary 2022 Celebrates a Record-Breaking 600,000 Sign-Ups
Veganuary 2022 has become the biggest ever been and we can confirm it today since, with just...
Vegan Athlete Novak Djokovic Avoids Deportation Following Covid Controversy
An Australian magistrate has freed Novak Djokovic from detention in Australia after the vegan...
Babybel Released Vegan Mini Cheese Wheels, And Aldi Releases Its First Dairy-Free Cheese Series
Vegan cheese is trending in the UK right now, as two major brands step into the sector for...
GOT Star Maisie Williams Launched Apple Leather Handbags
English actress Maisie Williams recently joined forces with high-end fashion brand Coperni...
Harrods, Volkswagen, Among The Businesses Partaking In Veganuary
Veganuary 2022 is kicking off. And this year, some major businesses are partaking. The 31-day...