Delicious burgers to eat right off the grill or to stuff into a bun and take to your next picnic.
1 tbsp olive oil
3 large portobello mushrooms, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves crushed garlic
1-2 tsp Cajun seasoning blend
1 tsp sea salt flakes
1 x 400g (14.1 oz) tin black beans, drained
75g (2.6 oz) brown rice flour
2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
How to prepare
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and add the chopped mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Fry gently until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Season with salt and Cajun spices, and simmer until all of the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated.
- Roughly mash the black beans and combine them with the rest burger ingredients in the mushroom mixture. Mix everything together with your hands until it’s completely blended.
- Form the mixture into four patties and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Transfer to the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until browned and boiling hot, when ready to cook.
Serve with lettuce, tomato, and onions, as well as your favorite condiments, in buns.